Progi.com Inc. (Progi) has created this privacy statement to demonstrate its firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses Progi’s information gathering and dissemination practices for applications located on Progi.com’s domain and subdomains (Software-as-a-Service).
Progi reserves the right to change this policy at any time by notifying Users of the existence of a new privacy statement.
Progi respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the type of information Progi may collect from you or that you may provide when you use Progi’s Software as a Service (hereafter referred to as Progi’s SaaS) and Progi’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Please read this policy carefully to understand Progi’s policies and practices regarding your information and how Progi will treat it. If you do not agree with Progi’s policies and practices, your choice is not to use Progi’s SaaS. By accessing or using Progi’s SaaS, you agree to this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On Progi’s SaaS;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Progi’s SaaS.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Progi offline or through any other means, including on any other Software as a Service from any third party; or,
- Any third party (including affiliates) through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Progi’s SaaS.
To continuously improve and adapt to legislation or technological environments, this policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of Progi’s SaaS after Progi makes changes is deemed to be an acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Collection of Data
“Personal Information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal Information includes (1) contact data (such as email address, telephone number and employers); (2) demographic data (date of birth, mailing address or postal code) and (3) certain Usage Data (defined below), such as IP address or User-generated content.
“Usage Information” or “Usage Data” is information Progi automatically collects about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, some of the cookies that are installed on your device and other device event information such as system activity, crashes, and hardware settings. Additionally, as you browse Progi’s SaaS, Progi collects information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the SaaS and information about how you interact with the site, such as usage, bids or purchased. Progi refers to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.” Such collection of your Usage information or Usage data by Progi is only applied to your activity within the ProgiPix sites.
Generally, Progi does not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual. Personal Information and Usage Data may be linked together. Different types of Usage Information may also be linked together and once linked, may identify an individual person. Also, some Usage Data may be Personal Information under applicable law.
Progi collects information that you provide to Progi and from your use of the SaaS and the services. The information that Progi collects and how Progi processes it depends on how you use and access the SaaS. Some information is collected automatically using cookies and similar data collection tools.
Progi collects your information:
- When you use the Software as a Service: Progi collects Personal Information and Usage Data from you when you use the site, create an account to use one of the services, post material, contact Progi for help or information or otherwise provide your Personal Information, or request other services. If you do provide sensitive Personal information to Progi, you consent to its use and disclosure for the limited purposes for which it was collected.
- From Progi’s Business Partners and Service Providers: Third parties that assist Progi with its business operations also collect information (including Personal Information and Usage Data) about you through the services and share it with Progi. For example, Progi uses Google Analytics to monitor its load, bonify its user experience and optimize its interfaces.
- Usage Data:Progi also automatically collects Usage Data when you interact with Progi’s SaaS, participate in a sweepstake or contest, complete a customer satisfaction or market research survey or make a purchase/complete a transaction. Whenever you use the site or the services, Progi uses the location information from your mobile device or browser to tailor the services and site experience to your location.
Information Progi Collects Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with Progi’s SaaS, Progi may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to Progi’s SaaS, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on Progi’s SaaS.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Progi may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioural tracking).
The information Progi collects automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information; however, Progi may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information it collects in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Progi to improve its Software as a Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, enabling Progi to:
- Estimate its audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about user preferences, allowing Progi to customize its SaaS according to the users’ individual interests.
- Increase speed for users’ searches.
- Recognize users when they return to Progi’s SaaS.
The technologies Progi uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of Progi’s SaaS may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on Progi’s SaaS. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of Progi’s Software as a Service and Progi’s emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Progi does not collect Personal Information automatically, but it may tie this information to Personal Information about you that it collects from other sources, or that you provide to us.
How Your Information is Used
Progi uses the Personal Information that it collects to operate, improve, and personalize Progi’s SaaS and services including to provide customer service, customize its advertising and marketing, to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that Progi may use your Personal Information as follows:
- to provide the services to you;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provided your Personal Information;
- to operate, improve and personalize the products and services Progi offers, and to give each User a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with Progi;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or for archiving and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services;
- to communicate with you, either via email, telephone, text messages (SMS) (if applicable, based on your consent), postal mail, or otherwise as authorized by you to inform you about the Services, special offers, etc. Message and data rates may apply.
- to better understand User access and use of the website and services, for the purposes of trying to improve the Website and services and to respond to User preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to the usage of the services by the User;
- to help Progi develop its new products and services and improve its existing ones;
- to provide Users with advertising and direct marketing that is more relevant to you;
- to assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities on or in connection with the Services;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Information
Progi may disclose aggregated information about its Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties Progi uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which Progi discloses it to them. Such Partners shall maintain the same security requirements as Progi’s.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. Progi contractually requires these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which Progi discloses it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Progi when you provide the information. With your consent.
- For legal purposes: Progi may also share information that it collects from Users, as needed, to enforce its rights, protect its property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. Progi will disclose Personal Information as it deems necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. Progi may also share Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages it may sustain.
Please note that for the purposes of seeking to provide Progi Users with a better experience and to improve Progi’s SaaS and services, information collected through Progi’s SaaS and services may be subject to User privacy controls, be used in an aggregated or individualized manner. For example, Personal Information collected during use of one of the sites or other services may be used to suggest specific content that can be made available to the User on another of the services or be used to try to present more relevant advertising in another of part of Progi’s SaaS.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
You have the right to ask Progi not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. Progi will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms Progi uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Progi at email@example.com or by updating your marketing preferences.
Progi’s SaaS may occasionally contain links to and from the websites of Progi’s Partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Progi does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal data to these websites.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. Opt-Out.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Software as a Service and visiting your account profile page. You may also send Progi an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to Progi.
Progi may not accommodate a request to change information if it believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If you delete your User Contributions from the Software as a Service, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Software as a Service Users.
Retention, Disposition of Your Information
The Personal Information entered will be stored securely for the duration of its useful life. At the end of this period, Personal Information will be anonymized or permanently deleted from Progi’s systems. If you believe that your data is no longer secure, you can contact Progi by email at email@example.com to inquire about the measures Progi has put in place to secure it and if you are still not satisfied, you can ask Progi to remove your Personal Information. This information is treated as end-of-life data. Please note that this may affect access to Progi’s services.
Progi is committed to following all applicable laws should a breach occur.
Progi has a Cybersecurity Incident Management process that requires Progi to document any incident or security vulnerability that could compromise Personal Data. Parties affected by a potential or actual data breach will be contacted following resolution with a detailed report which would include:
- Description of the incident;
- Affected service(s);
- Affected data;
- Incident impact and classification (VCSS 3.0 for vulnerability);
- Involved Progi personnel;
- Action plan, including root cause analysis to mitigate risk of further breaches.
Children Under the Age of 18
Progi’s SaaS is not intended for children under the age of 18. No one under the age 18 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. Progi does not knowingly collect Personal Iinformation from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on Progi’s SaaS or on or through any of its features/register on Progi’s SaaS, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to Progi, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If Progi learns it has collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, it will delete that information. If you believe Progi might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact Progi at the contact information below.
- You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You can send mail to the following postal address:
500 rue Saint-Georges
Trois-Rivières, Québec, G9A 2K8